Pennsylvania Healthcare Provider Education: Medical Use of Marijuana
$189.004.72 out of 5
The Medical Marijuana 411 Physician Education for the Pennsylvania Healthcare Provider Education is an online curriculum is designed to educate physicians to become a practitioner with the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program.
If you are a medical group or network and need multi-seat pricing, please call 844.411.0500 x813.
The activity is an educational overview of medical cannabis in its current legal context in the US. Currently there are 2.1 million registered medical marijuana patients and there are an estimated 3.5 million patients using medical marijuana nationwide. The constantly changing legal environment in which cannabis can be used in the United States has resulted in confusion for both physicians and patients. Currently, 33 states have legalized medical marijuana and 10 states have also legalized recreational marijuana. Due to the lack of knowledge of the legality of discussing medical marijuana, physicians, nurses and pharmacists are hesitant to discuss with their patients. The lack of communication between the patient and physician can lead to the patient self-medicating with no guidance from a medical professional.
- State Legal Status
- Medical Marijuana
- Recreational Marijuana
- Industrial Hemp
- Medical Marijuana Patients and Designated Providers
- Patient Qualifications
- Designated Caregivers
- Minor Patients
- Steps for obtaining a Medical Marijuana ID Card
- Caregivers Steps
- Additional Information for Patients and Designated Caregivers
- Medical Providers and Authorization Forms
- Providers that can recommend medical marijuana
- Qualifying Medical Conditions
- Mental Health Conditions
- Additional Information for Physicians and Practitioners Regarding Providing Certifications
- Dispensary Consultants
- On-Premise Consultants
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Patient and Caregiver Registry
- Federal Prosecution
- Additional Information for Patient and Caregiver Registry
- Medical Marijuana Compliant Products
- THC Concentrations
- Approved Products
- Additional Information
- Product Packaging and Labeling Requirements
- Medical Marijuana Forms and Patient ID Examples
- State Legal Status
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Interpret the legal context in which cannabis can be discussed with a patient and how states can have legalized medical marijuana even though it is recognized as a federally illegal substance.
- Compare and relate the historical medicinal uses of marijuana to modern resurgence in patient use of medical marijuana.
- Explain why there is a lack of clinical studies due to Schedule I classification of marijuana.
- Summarize and explain the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System and how its discovery has led to further research into how cannabinoids interact with the receptors.
- Summarize the function of the Endocannabinoid System in the regulation of the body through a vast network of receptors involved in maintaining homeostasis, neuroprotection, and other regulatory functions.
- Discuss and interpret how cannabinoids and terpenes affect the Endocannabinoid receptor system.
- Assess pros and cons of cannabinoids and their effects on the symptoms of ailments such as anxiety, chronic pain, epilepsy, gastrointestinal disorders, neurodegenerative illnesses, post-traumatic stress and migraines.
- Evaluate the current research studies regarding opioids versus cannabinoids in the treatment of the symptoms of chronic pain.
- Discuss side effects and contraindications of medicinal cannabis and safety concerns with its use.
- Identify signs of abuse, misuse and chronic effects of marijuana use.
- Instant access to all course materials
- Printable and downloadable infographics
- All research materials used for the online course
- Lifetime, unlimited access
- 24/7 access
- No time limits
- Start anytime
- Work on your own time and at your own pace
- Affordably priced
As part of the Medical Marijuana 411 adult online education, enrollees may start and stop at any time. Any students completing our certifications and/or coursework will have a permanent student dashboard to review materials at any time. If in the future, you want to review any information, simply log-on to your dashboard to re-visit the content.
All coursework and graphics can be downloaded for future re-use with customers, clients and patients. Additional resources of lengthier, pertinent PDFs are available by clicking on the research endnote at the end of each section module.
With over 800+ current, peer reviewed citations, Medical Marijuana 411 is proud to be the leader in online medical marijuana education for patients, medical professionals and dispensary consultants.
Additional videos from leading cited experts, scientists and physicians, and downloadable graphics are part of this certification. Here is a partial list of the scientists, researchers, educators and lawyers whose work is cited within the Medical Marijuana 411 certifications.
Our goal of creating the most current content for this cannabis certification course was obtained by using peer-reviewed research from industry experts. All citations utilized in this course meet standard guidelines and are part of the public domain. Experts listed below are not affiliated with Medical Marijuana 411 and no endorsement or authorization should be inferred by their inclusion on our website. Medical Marijuana 411 has included links to each expert to ensure credit is given for their research, legal and scientific studies under the guidelines of “Fair Use.”
- Dr. Raphael Mechoulam
- Dr. Sue Sisley
- Dr. Donald Abrams
- Dr. Jake Felice
- Dr. Ethan Russo
- Dr. Lester Grinspoon
- Dr. Nishi Whiteley
- Dr. Mark Ware
- Dr. Yehiel Gaoni
- Dr. Bruce Mirken
- Charles Whitebread, Professor of Law, USC Law School
- Neil Juneja, Gleam Law
- Orion Inskip, Gleam Law
- Dr. Martin Lee
- Dr. Allyn Howlett, Ph.D
- Dr. Gregory T Carter
- Dr. David Bearman
- Dr. Lumir Hanuš
- Dr. Vincenzo Di Marzo
- Dr. Robert Melamede
- Dr. Dustin Sulak
- Dr. Bonni Goldstein
- Professor Roger Pertwee
- Dr. Shohami
- Dr. Ester Fride
- Dr. Melanie Dreher