Are you a Certified Medical Marijuana Consultant in Washington State seeking your continuing education credit? If so, be sure to check out our 2023 CE course: 2023 Washington 10 Hour Continuing Education
Our team of medical cannabis professionals have developed a state-of-the-art eLearning program for cannabis education online.
Our online courses are certified by Washington State and can be used as credits for Washington State Medical Cannabis Consultant Certification along with the annual state-required Continuing Education courses to maintain certification.
The MM411 Inc. training program includes the Washington State required minimum 20 total instruction hours in the following subjects:
- Legal considerations for WA Medical Cannabis Consultants, including guidance on what Consultants can and cannot say in role
- Foundational knowledge of the cannabis plant, including the history, discovery, and science of the ECS, how cannabinoid receptors work with our bodies, and varous plant characteristics
- Further modules delve into important topics like: how to medicate with cannabis, inhalation versus ingestion, contraindications, terpenes, The Entourage Effect, cannabinoids, THC, CBD, and how medical marijuana works with a variety of different ailments
- Multiple videos and illustrations of the ECS, CB1 & CB2 receptors
- Patient stories and expert testimony on multiple cannabis related topics
- Downloadable PDFs and graphics for review with colleagues, patients, and peers interested in the hows and whys of medical marijuana
- Videos featuring cannabis experts like Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, Dr. Sue Sisley, Dr. Mark Ware, Dr. Donald Abrams and Dr. Jake Felice to help articulate section module content
- Endnotes and citation links to more than 800+ current, peer-reviewed research studies
- Resource sections for further reading and review
Cannabis education online courses can also be purchased by anybody looking to expand their knowledge on a myriad of medicinal cannabis topics. As we continue to expand our advanced cannabis education and learning management system, we are creating a “knowledge vault” where students can continually access new information.
Additional modules are being developed to help the patient, the consultant, and the independent learner gain a greater understanding of cannabis, cannabis-related science, substance abuse, communication skills, professional ethics, information about common ailments, and state-specific medical marijuana laws and policies.
What is the difference between Consultant Renewals, and Continuing Education?
- Consultants will receive a renewal reminder notice from DOH six to eight weeks before the certification expires. Please keep in mind, this reminder service is a courtesy of DOH, not required for renewal.
- If you do not receive the notice within four weeks of your expiration date, please call 360-236-4700 or email customer service department.
- If you renew by mail, it will take about two weeks to update.
- If you deliver the payment in person (Tumwater Location), it will take about three to seven business days.
- Consultant certifications expire at midnight on their expiration date, which is the holder’s birthday.
- Consultants may renew their certification up to 90 days before it expires.
- To be clear, if a consultant’s certificate has not expired, they can simply click on the Medical Marijuana Consultant Renewal link under LICENSE RENEWALS to find out how to renew “with a renewal notice” or “without a renewal notice”.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (CE) (this is a link to the main CE website)
- The renewal notice should indicate the date the consultant will need to complete their continuing education for the following year.
- Example: The certificate may expire on 11/01/2016, but the consultant has until 11/01/2017 to complete the ten hours of continuing education (CE).
- Consultants must take 10 hours of continuing education (this link will take you to acceptable/not acceptable topics) every year. If you have questions about your continuing education, please call 360-236-4700 or email us for help.
- Please remember, continuing education hours will not be carried over from one reporting period to another. This is why it is important for consultants to pay attention to that date on their certificate.
- Also, up to 25 percent of certificate holders are randomly audited for continuing education compliance. Consultants should maintain records of continuing education completion for at least four years.
How do I know if I need to complete my annual Continuing Education (CE) 10 hour course?
It is recommended that each person contact the department’s customer service at 360-236-4700 or by email at email@example.com to see if their credential is marked for CE requirement.
If they have their contact information current with the Department of Health, they should receive a courtesy renewal notice a couple months prior expiration that indicates whether or not CE is required for renewal.
You can also use the following link to search the database:
Can a medical patient from another legal state purchase medical marijuana in Washington?
What else do I need to submit to Washington State to apply for my Medical Cannabis Consultant Certification?
To help expedite the application process to get your certificate from the Washington Department of Health, or DOH, after completing your training program, please remember the following.
Medical marijuana certification applications submitted to the DOH must have:
- Proof of age (see the website for documents that are allowed)
- Proof of CPR Certification (send a copy of your certificate)
- Proof of completing a DOH Approved Consultant Training Program (send a copy of your certificate of completion)
- If applicants need to submit additional materials, they can email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If consultants want to check the status of their application, please have them contact our customer service line at 360-236-4700 or they can check online at the department’s Application Status website at https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/ApplicationStatus
- In Person: Come to DOH in Person (Town Center 2 Directions)
- Or Mail in: See address on application