Single Student: $350
Group Pricing: $333 per student
The Cannabis Industry is one of the most dynamic and rewarding places to be at this moment in history. As a member of a dispensary team you are one of the front-line faces of this new industry, and at times, the first person patients will encounter in their medical cannabis journey.
Dispensary owners are always in need of top talent. Consultants, sometimes referred to as “budtenders”, are the team members that help patients and customers as their primary job function. Understanding your role as a communicator, the legal landscape, the basis for why cannabis is indeed medicine from a scientific perspective, and what you can and cannot say to a patient or customer is critical in your job function.
You represent the dispensary’s values and should aim to excel in providing excellent service, knowing your dispensary’s product selection, and sharing your knowledge about how to use products wisely and safely. In each interaction with a patient or patron, you turn these values into action. This course contains general information about cannabis, the law, and best practices for handling materials and products.
As a dispensary owner, we understand that certification courses can be expensive. Therefore, for purchases of 5 or more, please call us at 844-411-0500 x813 and we can offer an additional discount for your purchase.
Single Student: $350
Group Pricing: $333 per student
The Medical Cannabis Consultant Certification presents, in sequential order, a series of 12 course modules designed to teach an individual about the legal framework of working with medical marijuana patients, the basics of the plant, the history, discovery, and science of the Endocannabinoid System, and how to work with patients as they come into the dispensary.
This is the most comprehensive Medical Cannabis Consultant Certification, Budtender, or Dispensary Technician Certification, offered anywhere online or in person. With more than 800+ peer reviewed, current citations from industry experts, scientists, doctors and industry leaders, the Consultant Certification will give you the foundation to be successful within the cannabis industry.
As states allow patients access to medical marijuana, additional state mandated and approved certifications will be added as part of our Consultant Certifications. In addition, we offer many Continuing Education courses which meet many state requirements and are affordably priced. Please refer to state/country specific sections of our website for state approved and/or required certifications.
As part of the Medical Marijuana 411 adult online education, enrollees may start and stop at any time. Any students completing our certifications and/or coursework will have a permanent student dashboard to review materials at any time. If in the future, you want to review any information, simply log-on to your dashboard to re-visit the content.
All coursework and graphics can be downloaded for future re-use with customers, clients and patients. Additional resources of lengthier, pertinent PDFs are available by clicking on the research endnote at the end of each section module.
- Section 1 – Introduction
- Section 2 – Legal Landscape
- Section 3 – History
- Section 4 – The Endocannabinoid System
- Section 5 – Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Opioids
- Section 6 – Delivery Systems
- Section 7 – Dosing
- Section 8 – Reading Lab Testing Labels
- Section 9 – Clinical Practice – Broad Therapeutic Uses
- Section 10 – Storage and Handling
- Section 11 – Communicating with Customers
- Section 12 – Myths and Facts
Section 1 – Introduction
- Your Role In the Dispensary
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- What You Can & Can’t Do
Section 2 – Legal Landscape
- Overview of Cannabis Laws and Regulations
- Federal Primer/Outline
Section 3 – History
- Early History of Cannabis Use
- Cannabis in the West
- U.S. Prohibition
- The Medical Implications of U.S. Prohibition
- Medical Cannabis Today
- Hemp vs Cannabis
Section 4 – The Endocannabinoid System
- The Discovery of the Endocannabinoid System
- The Body’s Supercomputer
- Endocannabinoids and Human Thriving Behavior
- Why The Endocannabinoid System Isn’t Taught In Medical School
Section 5 – Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Opioids
- Minor Cannabinoids
- Terpenes and The Entourage Effect
- Adverse Reactions to Cannabis
- Cannabis Tolerance
- Cannabinoids and Opioids
Section 6 – Delivery Systems
- Inhalation, Smoking and Vaporizing
- Inhalation: Joints, Pipes, Water Pipes, Bongs
- Edibles, Tinctures, Topicals
Section 7 – Dosing
Section 8 – Reading Lab Testing Labels
Section 9 – Clinical Practice – Broad Therapeutic Uses
- Anxiety Disorders, Cancer & Epilepsy
- Gastrointestinal Disorders, Sleep Disorders & Migraine Headaches
- Neurodegenerative Disorders, Pain & Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
Section 10 – Storage and Handling
Section 11 – Communicating with Customers
Section 12 – Myths and Facts
- Gateway Theory, Addiction & Brain Function
- Impaired Motivation, Memory & Mental State
- Lung Damage, Use Patterns & Overall Danger
Loved every minute of this course. I know so much more than I did before and am now addicted to learning more!Michelle M.
I want to thanks Medical Marijuana for the opportunity to take this course. The reference list at the end of each sequential has been very usefull I find myself frequently referring to them as they have been helpful in my case studies for my clients. The downloadable graphics are also well put together and another amazing tool for me to use. Medical Marijuana 411 is now my go to for up to date information on Marijuana education. Keep up the good work the industry needs this kind of program. Dina L.
Minor copywriting edits should be made. Data on Migraine should be confirmed/reviewed. One question remains for me: Should lab results be available for all products dispensed? Other than these points, I found the information and knowledge fascinating. I look forward to transcribing my notes in tandem with rereading all the course materials. I also look forward to continuing educations.Albert L.
I didn't expect this course to be as informative as it was. I have friends who earned certification through other programs and came out feeling that they had learned nothing. So, I was quite surprised at the level and quality of information. I learned a lot from this program. It was absolutely worth the money. Audra S.
Wish you had a Canadian version. 😉Daniel T.
Very interesting course giving great knowledge on the medical uses of cannabis. The videos and diagrams also helped in understanding the content Jaya R.
This was the most interesting course that I have taken in medical marijuana! Thanks for the resources and links, as well as downloadable educational images, I have learned so much and hope to use this knowledge as a cannabis RN in Maryland. Highly recommend this course!Lisa L.
I learned a tremendous amount and would highly recommend this courseSusan L.
With over 800+ current, peer reviewed citations, Medical Marijuana 411 is proud to be the leader in online medical marijuana education for patients, medical professionals and dispensary consultants.
Additional videos from leading cited experts, scientists and physicians, and downloadable graphics are part of this certification. Here is a partial list of the scientists, researchers, educators and lawyers whose work is cited within the Medical Marijuana 411 certifications.
Our goal of creating the most current content for this cannabis certification course was obtained by using peer-reviewed research from industry experts. All citations utilized in this course meet standard guidelines and are part of the public domain. Experts listed below are not affiliated with Medical Marijuana 411 and no endorsement or authorization should be inferred by their inclusion on our website. Medical Marijuana 411 has included links to each expert to ensure credit is given for their research, legal and scientific studies under the guidelines of “Fair Use.”
- Dr. Raphael Mechoulam
- Dr. Sue Sisley
- Dr. Donald Abrams
- Dr. Jake Felice
- Dr. Ethan Russo
- Dr. Lester Grinspoon
- Dr. Nishi Whiteley
- Dr. Mark Ware
- Dr. Yehiel Gaoni
- Dr. Bruce Mirken
- Charles Whitebread, Professor of Law, USC Law School
- Neil Juneja, Gleam Law
- Orion Inskip, Gleam Law
- Dr. Martin Lee
- Dr. Allyn Howlett, Ph.D
- Dr. Gregory T Carter
- Dr. David Bearman
- Dr. Lumir Hanuš
- Dr. Vincenzo Di Marzo
- Dr. Robert Melamede
- Dr. Dustin Sulak
- Dr. Bonni Goldstein
- Professor Roger Pertwee
- Dr. Shohami
- Dr. Ester Fride
- Dr. Melanie Dreher
All noted, expert research citations are available at the end of each module. Medical Marijuana 411 complies with endnote standards and by a simple click on the hyperlink associated with the endnote, students can easily find the entire research article and/or peer-reviewed study for further reading and analysis.
- Each section followed by approved endnote citation links to more than 800+ current, peer reviewed research studies
- 9 modules which consist of: legal framework, basics of the plant, the history, discovery, and science of the ECS. Also included in the Alaska Marijuana Handler Permit Certification course are ways to identify a valid ID, how to determine and prevent unlawful Marijuana consumption. The legal penalties for unlawful acts by a licensee, employee or agent of a Marijuana Establishment
- Videos featuring: Dr Raphael Mechoulam, Dr Sue Sisley, Dr Mark Ware, Dr Donald Abrams and Dr Jake Felice to help articulate section module content
- Downloadable pdfs and graphic for review with colleagues, patients and peers interested in the how’s and why’s medical marijuana is an option for patient treatment
- Instant access to all course materials
- Printable and downloadable infographics
- All research materials used for the online course
- Lifetime, unlimited access
- 24/7 access
- No time limits
- Start anytime
- Work on your own time and at your own pace
- Affordably priced
Online Cannabis Courses
Committed to your cannabis education