Frequently Asked Questions
We are offer many different courses from those new to the cannabis industry such as our Consultant (budtender) Certification to an AMA approved Medical Professional Certification course.
We also work directly with states for specific, state mandated training programs and those programs are being added weekly. Certifications and courses range from $25 to $399.
Click here to view all the courses we currently offer.
You may purchase courses regardless of the state in which you reside or practice. We also have links to our international partners who offer our courses. Our current courses are translated in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
Our Portuguese courses also covers Brazilian law in regard to medical marijuana.
Yes! Simply put in the quantity in the shopping cart and you, as the administrator, will be emailed an “activation key”. Distribute the key to the employee(s) that need to take the course. On the login page and click on “Sign Up”. Cut and paste the activation key into the box and the student/employee can enter their own information to enroll.
Any questions, feel free to call or email us at: 844.411.0500 x813 or email@example.com
We understand that education can be expensive and we want you to look to us as the best source for medical marijuana education. Call us or email us and we will be happy to discuss group discounts.
844.411.0500 x813 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you to be happy with your educational purchase. With several thousand students enrolled, we have never had to give a refund because of the quality of our programs.
Absolutely! We strive to provide you with the best marijuana related content and courses available. With 800+ peer reviewed citations from leading experts, scientists, doctors and educators we want you to be able to review information. We have many videos and downloadable graphics for your use too.
Many competitors have restrictions on how long they can access the course(s) or time frames where you have mandatory check-ins. We do not.
Once you purchase a course from us, you will have a ‘student dashboard” that will have your entire transcript available in the future. We want you to value your education and interaction with us!!
No. Even though many states have a specific time requirement, there is no time limit to complete the course. Work at your own pace without having to worry about losing your enrollment fee. Any time frame listed to complete the course is an average. For many students who are well versed in the subject matter, they can get through the course at a much faster pace and those that need to review the material, can do so without having to feel pressured about completing (and learning) in a specific time frame.
Because the program is 100% online, you can start anytime you like. You can start and stop at anytime and our learning system will remember where you left off. Click here to view all of the courses we offer.
Yes! We are expanding our curricula to include: live experts, podcasts and a subscription service. Sign up here to stay informed. Note: we never sell or distribute our lists to 3rd parties. Your privacy is very important to us.
email@example.com. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure that future correspondence is not blocked by spam filters.
On the login screen at https://alms.medicalmarijuana411.com there is a link you can follow to receive a new password.
Other considerations for optimal experience of the course material:
- 1024 x 768 Minimum Monitor Resolution
- Sound Card & Speakers or Headphones
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher
- Firefox 23 or higher
- Chrome 9 or higher
- Safari 5.1 or higher
- Opera 12 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest version) – available for free from Adobe’s website
Mobile Phones & Tablets
- Apple iOS 5.0 or later on iPad/iPhone
- Android 4.0 or later on phone or tablet
FOR OPTIMAL USER EXPERIENCE
Our courses contain many links to additional relevant information and research material.For the best user experience, please use right click, Control click, or Command click (Mac) to open these links in a new tab or window.
Yes you can. Use the form on the contact us page, and your questions will be sent to the appropriate instructor for either legal or medical questions.
Yes you can. Call us at 844.411.0500 x813. We are located in the Pacific time zone and try to answer questions during the hours of 10:00 am to 5:00 pm PST. If you don’t reach us, you can also leave a message through the Live Chat feature of our website (found on the bottom right corner of each page) and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
- Consultants will receive a renewal reminder notice from DOH six to eight weeks before the certification expires. Please keep in mind, this reminder service is a courtesy of DOH, not required for renewal.
- If you do not receive the notice within four weeks of your expiration date, please call 360-236-4700 or email customer service department.
- If you renew by mail, it will take about two weeks to update.
- If you deliver the payment in person (Tumwater Location), it will take about three to seven business days.
- Consultant certifications expire at midnight on their expiration date, which is the holder’s birthday.
- Consultants may renew their certification up to 90 days before it expires.
- To be clear, if a consultant’s certificate has not expired, they can simply click on the Medical Marijuana Consultant Renewal link under LICENSE RENEWALS to find out how to renew “with a renewal notice” or “without a renewal notice”.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (CE) (this is a link to the main CE website)
- The renewal notice should indicate the date the consultant will need to complete their continuing education for the following year.
- Example: The certificate may expire on 11/01/2016, but the consultant has until 11/01/2017 to complete the ten hours of continuing education (CE).
- Consultants must take 10 hours of continuing education (this link will take you to acceptable/not acceptable topics) every year. If you have questions about your continuing education, please call 360-236-4700 or email us for help.
- Please remember, continuing education hours will not be carried over from one reporting period to another. This is why it is important for consultants to pay attention to that date on their certificate.
- Also, up to 25 percent of certificate holders are randomly audited for continuing education compliance. Consultants should maintain records of continuing education completion for at least four years.
It is recommended that each person contact the department’s customer service at 360-236-4700 or by email at email@example.com to see if their credential is marked for CE requirement.
If they have their contact information current with the Department of Health, they should receive a courtesy renewal notice a couple months prior expiration that indicates whether or not CE is required for renewal.
You can also use the following link to search the database:
Washington state does not have reciprocity for patients. Only Washington residents can be entered into the database and receive a recognition card. Visitors can purchase recreationally and are limited to recreational amounts –chapter 69.51A RCW.
WAC 246-71-010 Definitions.
(14) “Valid photographic identification” means:
(a) A driver’s license or instruction permit issued by any state of the United States or province of Canada. If the patient’s driver’s license has expired, the patient must also show a valid temporary driver’s license with the expired card.
(b) A state identification card issued by any state of the United States or province of Canada.
(c) An official passport issued by any nation.
d) A United States armed forces identification card issued to active duty, reserve, and retired personnel and the personnel’s dependents.
(e) A merchant marine identification card issued by the United States Coast Guard.
(f) An enrollment card issued by the governing authority of a federally recognized Indian tribe located in Washington, if the enrollment card incorporates security features comparable to those implemented by the department of licensing for Washington drivers’ licenses.
A recognition card, whether current or expired, does not qualify as valid photographic identification.
Live instructor chat is available for one hour Wednesdays and Thursdays every other week. In Live Chat you can reach out to a Legal or Medical professional who will answer questions related to the Washington State Medical Marijuana Consultant Certification Program. Live chat calendar is available here.What else do I need to submit to Washington State to apply for my Medical Marijuana Certification? Here are the details provided directly by the state of Washington:
To help expedite the application process to get your certificate from the Washington Department of Health, or DOH, after completing your training program, please remember the following.
Medical marijuana certification applications submitted to the DOH must have:
- Proof of age (see the website for documents that are allowed)
- Proof of CPR Certification (send a copy of your certificate)
- Proof of completing a DOH Approved Consultant Training Program (send a copy of your certificate of completion)
- If applicants need to submit additional materials, they can email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If consultants want to check the status of their application, please have them contact our customer service line at 360-236-4700 or they can check online at the department’s Application Status website at https://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermitsandCertificates/ProfessionsNewReneworUpdate/ApplicationStatus
- In Person: Come to DOH in Person (Town Center 2 Directions)
- Or Mail in: See address on application
No, we do not offer a CPR course. Please be aware that with recent rules changes that were adopted on March 12, 2018 and go into effect on April 11, 2018 (WSR 18-07-030), online CPR courses are no longer accepted as part of the certification requirements. The CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) requirements now include written and “skills demonstration”.
The state application asks for the city and state where the class was taken. We are located in Redmond, Washington