Course Price: $29
In this course you will learn about how medical marijuana can help those who suffer from pain and help those patients to reduce the amount of traditional prescription, pharmaceutical medications including opioids in managing their pain.
You will learn about pain disorder categories and pain scales. Did you know that intractable pain is a severe, constant pain that is not curable by any known means and causes a bed or house-bound state and early death if not adequately treated, usually with opioids and/or interventional procedures? Medical Marijuana is recognized by many legal states as a viable option to patients who suffer from intractable pain.
Chronic pain, a different category, afflicts more than 40% of the population at any given time and is usually defined as any persistent or intermittent pain that lasts more than 3 months. Many times topical marijuana treatments can be a viable option for chronic pain suffers. Topicals and how topicals work is discussed in this course.
Also included will be a discussion on research and doctors working with medical cannabis, and an introduction to Dr. Mark Ware. Also covered in this module are traditional medicines used for pain management, opioid abuse, and an infographic regarding opioid abuse statistics in the US.
Additional white paper research, definitions and statistics related to pain and pain management will be presented.
Finally, you will see a patient story video and learn how medical cannabis helps her through her day to day struggles.
- One hour online course
- What is pain, the pain scale and the different pain categories
- Why medical marijuana works for pain management
- Traditional medications used for pain
- Why leading doctors are listening to patients and becoming proponents for medical marijuana research and legalization
- About opioid related deaths
- Pain Management – Information and Definition
- Pain Management and Medical Marijuana
- Dr. Mark Ware – Bio
- Dr. Mark Ware Exclusive – Video
- Traditional Medications Used For Pain Management
- Opioid Abuse
- Patient Story: Amy – Video
- Opioid – Infographic
- Opioid Addiction Facts and Figures
- Instant access to all course materials
- Printable and downloadable infographics
- All research materials used for the online course
- Lifetime, unlimited access
- 24/7 access
- No time limits
- Start anytime
- Work on your own time and at your own pace
- Affordably priced
With over 800+ current, peer-reviewed citations, Medical Marijuana 411 is proud to be the leader in online medical marijuana education for patients, medical professionals, and dispensary consultants.
Additional videos from leading cited experts, scientists and physicians, and downloadable graphics are part of this certification.
Our goal of creating the most current content for this cannabis certification course was obtained by using peer-reviewed research from industry experts. All citations utilized in this course meet standard guidelines and are part of the public domain. Experts listed below are not affiliated with Medical Marijuana 411 and no endorsement or authorization should be inferred by their inclusion on our website. Medical Marijuana 411 has included links to each expert to ensure credit is given for their research, legal and scientific studies under the guidelines of “Fair Use.”
All noted, expert research citations are available at the end of each module. Medical Marijuana 411 complies with endnote standards and by a simple click on the hyperlink associated with the endnote, students can easily find the entire research article and/or peer-reviewed study for further reading and analysis.