If you are looking for a foundational cannabis course that offers an extensive breadth of knowledge but is also easy to understand and accessible to all, this is the course for you!
About This Course
Our Medical Cannabis Consultant Foundational Certification prepares you for your role in cannabis.
This curriculum is supportive to those serving in a wide array of cannabis positions, from dispensary staff to cultivation to production to medical cannabis consultants.
If you work in a cannabis dispensary, this material will support you in your day-to-day role and provide talking points you can use in your customer interactions. With up-to-date information on cannabis science and insight into how cannabis has helped patients across the world, this course will leave you more knowledgeable about cannabis and better prepared to educate the cannabis-curious community around you.
If you support a cannabis grower, producer, manufacturer, or ancillary business, our Medical Cannabis Consultant Foundational Certification will prepare you for the nuanced complexity of the cannabis industry. You will walk away with a deeper understanding of how state and federal laws impact your company and how you can stay compliant throughout your daily tasks and objectives.
If you are a cannabis clinician or consultant, this course will guide you to better interactions with the people you support. You need to have accurate information at your fingertips so you can communicate well about cannabis, and that is what you will find in this course. The Medical Cannabis Consultant Foundational Certification guides you through many concepts surrounding the therapeutic application of cannabis, ranging from dosing to product selection to more specific science about cannabinoids and how they engage with the endocannabinoid system.
Regardless of your role, we are confident the Medical Cannabis Consultant Foundational Certification will support the next steps of your cannabis career.
Cannabis is a versatile plant, and in the spirit of cannabis, we have prepared a versatile course that will deepen and enhance your understanding of cannabis, no matter your background or your specific segment of the industry. We can’t wait to share this learning with you!
Structure of the Course
This course is divided into 11 modules that allow you to explore cannabis and its subtopics in a systematic, comprehensive, and easy-to-consume manner.
- U.S. Legal. Informing you of the key U.S. laws and legal classifications that are related to your line of cannabis work. Knowing this legal information upfront will help you maintain compliance in any cannabis role.
- History. Delving into the history of cannabis and highlighting how this plant has been used medicinally for millennia. Also detailing the history of cannabis prohibition and how this has shaped the cannabis landscape today.
- The Endocannabinoid System. Giving you must-know information about the Endocannabinoid System… and then some! In this module, you will learn about the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) and how this core body system is related to whole body health and cannabis healthcare at large.
- Cannabis Plant Science. Cannabis is more than just THC and CBD, it turns out. In this section, you will learn about the various natural components that make up the cannabis plant, including terpenes and minor cannabinoids, and how all of these components work together to interact with the body’s physiology once consumed.
- Administering Cannabis. Offering you key information you need to guide customers and/or patients through the various administration methods of cannabis. Also included are detailed explanations of the various cannabis product types, including flower, concentrates, vape products, topicals, suppositories, and more.
- Patient Centered Dosing. Guiding you through the fundamentals of patient dosing, including set and setting, possible drug interactions, and best dosing practices.
- Laboratory Testing. Learn about the regulation and cannabis standards that exist in the cannabis industry, including laboratory testing standards. Also detailing possible contaminants to cannabis, including pesticides, fungi, and mold.
- Cannabis for Specific Conditions. Highlighting science and research detailing how cannabis supports patients with various ailments, including (but not limited to): anxiety disorders, cancer, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, chronic pain, sleep disorders, PTSD, and more.
- Cannabis and Opioids. Exploring how cannabis can be used as an adjunct and/or replacement to opioids in the face of chronic pain management. Also detailing research suggesting that cannabis may be supportive in the fight against opioid addiction.
- Cannabis Myths and What the Data Says. Addressing some of the common misconceptions surrounding cannabis and countering them with education about cannabis science and common cannabis experiences. Exploring subtopics related to personal cannabis use, such as cannabis and the brain, memory and motivation, and impacts on lifestyle and wellbeing.
- Side Effects, Abuse, and Misuse. Sharing some of the known side effects of cannabis, which are not experienced by everyone, but are worth knowing so you can keep your customers safe. The curriculum offers notes about how you can guide your customers and patients through the fundamentals of self-titration and balanced cannabis use. You will round out your knowledge by learning about Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome, Cannabis Use Disorder, and possible other side effects.
Here at Medical Marijuana 411, we believe in continual learning. And that’s why we provide evergreen access to our courses. Uplevel your cannabis career today and sign up for our Medical Cannabis Consultant Foundational Certification.