Dispensary Technician Certification Program
Become A Dispensary Technician
The Cannabis Industry is one of the most dynamic and rewarding places to be at this moment in history. As a member of a dispensary team you are one of the front-line faces of this new industry, and at times, the first person patients will encounter in their medical cannabis journey.
Dispensary owners are always in need of top talent. Dispensary Technicians, sometimes referred to as “budtenders”, are the team members that help patients and customers as their primary job function. Understanding your role as a communicator, the legal landscape, the basis for why cannabis is indeed medicine from a scientific perspective, and what you can and cannot say to a patient or customer is critical in your job function.
You represent the dispensary’s values and should aim to excel in providing excellent service, knowing your dispensary’s product selection, and sharing your knowledge about how to use products wisely and safely. In each interaction with a patient or patron, you turn these values into action. This course contains general information about cannabis, the law, and best practices for handling materials and products.
Medical Marijuana 411 is a leader in cannabis education and is committed to offering the most up to date, relevant medical marijuana courses to help you further your career in the cannabis industry.
70% aggregate passing score required for certification completion. Each section has its own module test which is focused on the section course material.
If a section results in a less than 70% score, you will be required to wait 24 hours and review the course module before taking the exam again.
As a dispensary owner, we understand that certification courses can be expensive. Therefore, for purchases of 5 or more, please call us at 844-411-0500 x813 and we can offer an additional discount for your purchase.
- Section 1 – Introduction
- Section 2 – Legal Landscape
- Section 3 – History
- Section 4 – The Endocannabinoid System
- Section 5 – Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Opioids
- Section 6 – Delivery Systems
- Section 7 – Dosing
- Section 8 – Reading Lab Testing Labels
- Section 9 – Clinical Practice – Broad Therapeutic Uses
- Section 10 – Storage and Handling
- Section 11 – Communicating with Customers
- Section 12 – Myths and Facts
The Dispensary Technician Certification presents, in sequential order, a series of 12 course modules designed to teach an individual about the legal framework of working with medical marijuana patients, the basics of the plant, the history, discovery, and science of the Endocannabinoid System, and how to work with patients as they come into the dispensary.
This is the most comprehensive Dispensary Technician Certification, Budtender Certification, offered anywhere online or in person. With more than 800+ peer reviewed, current citations from industry experts, scientists, doctors and industry leaders, the Consultant Certification will give you the foundation to be successful within the cannabis industry.
As states allow patients access to medical marijuana, additional state mandated and approved certifications will be added as part of our Dispensary Technician Certifications. In addition, we offer many Continuing Education courses which meet many state requirements and are affordably priced. Please refer to state/country specific sections of our website for state approved and/or required certifications.
As part of the Medical Marijuana 411 adult online education, enrollees may start and stop at any time. Any students completing our certifications and/or coursework will have a permanent student dashboard to review materials at any time. If in the future, you want to review any information, simply log-on to your dashboard to re-visit the content.
All coursework and graphics can be downloaded for future re-use with customers, clients and patients. Additional resources of lengthier, pertinent PDFs are available by clicking on the research endnote at the end of each section module.
Section 1 – Introduction
- Your Role In the Dispensary
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- What You Can & Can’t Do
Section 2 – Legal Landscape
- Overview of Cannabis Laws and Regulations
- Federal Primer/Outline
Section 3 – History
- Early History of Cannabis Use
- Cannabis in the West
- U.S. Prohibition
- The Medical Implications of U.S. Prohibition
- Medical Cannabis Today
- Hemp vs Cannabis
Section 4 – The Endocannabinoid System
- The Discovery of the Endocannabinoid System
- The Body’s Supercomputer
- Endocannabinoids and Human Thriving Behavior
- Why The Endocannabinoid System Isn’t Taught In Medical School
Section 5 – Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Opioids
- Minor Cannabinoids
- Terpenes and The Entourage Effect
- Adverse Reactions to Cannabis
- Cannabis Tolerance
- Cannabinoids and Opioids
Section 6 – Delivery Systems
- Inhalation, Smoking and Vaporizing
- Inhalation: Joints, Pipes, Water Pipes, Bongs
- Edibles, Tinctures, Topicals
Section 7 – Dosing
Section 8 – Reading Lab Testing Labels
Section 9 – Clinical Practice – Broad Therapeutic Uses
- Anxiety Disorders, Cancer & Epilepsy
- Gastrointestinal Disorders, Sleep Disorders & Migraine Headaches
- Neurodegenerative Disorders, Pain & Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
Section 10 – Storage and Handling
Section 11 – Communicating with Customers
Section 12 – Myths and Facts
- Gateway Theory, Addiction & Brain Function
- Impaired Motivation, Memory & Mental State
- Lung Damage, Use Patterns & Overall Danger
With over 800+ current, peer reviewed citations, Medical Marijuana 411 is proud to be the leader in online medical marijuana education for patients, medical professionals and dispensary consultants.
Additional videos from leading cited experts, scientists and physicians, and downloadable graphics are part of this certification. Here is a partial list of the scientists, researchers, educators and lawyers whose work is cited within the Medical Marijuana 411 certifications.
Our goal of creating the most current content for this cannabis certification course was obtained by using peer-reviewed research from industry experts. All citations utilized in this course meet standard guidelines and are part of the public domain. Experts listed below are not affiliated with Medical Marijuana 411 and no endorsement or authorization should be inferred by their inclusion on our website. Medical Marijuana 411 has included links to each expert to ensure credit is given for their research, legal and scientific studies under the guidelines of “Fair Use.”
- Dr. Raphael Mechoulam
- Dr. Sue Sisley
- Dr. Donald Abrams
- Dr. Jake Felice
- Dr. Ethan Russo
- Dr. Lester Grinspoon
- Dr. Nishi Whiteley
- Dr. Mark Ware
- Dr. Yehiel Gaoni
- Dr. Bruce Mirken
- Charles Whitebread, Professor of Law, USC Law School
- Neil Juneja, Gleam Law
- Orion Inskip, Gleam Law
- Dr. Martin Lee
- Dr. Allyn Howlett, Ph.D
- Dr. Gregory T Carter
- Dr. David Bearman
- Dr. Lumir Hanuš
- Dr. Vincenzo Di Marzo
- Dr. Robert Melamede
- Dr. Dustin Sulak
- Dr. Bonni Goldstein
- Professor Roger Pertwee
- Dr. Shohami
- Dr. Ester Fride
- Dr. Melanie Dreher
All noted, expert research citations are available at the end of each module. Medical Marijuana 411 complies with endnote standards and by a simple click on the hyperlink associated with the endnote, students can easily find the entire research article and/or peer-reviewed study for further reading and analysis.
- Each section followed by approved endnote citation links to more than 800+ current, peer reviewed research studies
- Legal Considerations for Dispensary Budtenders and Certified Consultants (what you can and cannot say to a medical patient)
- 11 modules which consist of: legal framework, basics of the plant, the history, discovery, and science of the ECS. Also included in the Consultant Certification for dispensary Budtenders, how to medicate, terpenes, The Entourage Effect, cannabinoids ,THC, CBD, and how medical marijuana works with a variety of different ailments.
- Videos featuring: Dr Raphael Mechoulam, Dr Sue Sisley, Dr Mark Ware, Dr Donald Abrams and Dr Jake Felice to help articulate section module content
- Downloadable pdfs and graphic for review with colleagues, patients and peers interested in the how’s and why’s medical marijuana is an option for patient treatment
- Instant access to all course materials
- Printable and downloadable infographics
- All research materials used for the online course
- Lifetime, unlimited access
- 24/7 access
- No time limits
- Start anytime
- Work on your own time and at your own pace
- Affordably priced