COLORADO SPRINGS, CO — Cannabis Science, Inc., a pioneering US biotech company developing pharmaceutical cannabis products, is pleased to announce the upcoming coverage by CNBC, Discovery Channel and National Geographic for the speaking engagement of Dr. Robert Melamede along with panelist discussions with Richard Cowan at “The Marijuana Conference” in New York City.
The Marijuana Conference (www.TheMarijuanaConference.com), organized by Dealflow, will take place October 25 & 26. It is being called “the first non-biased event in the industry.” It will “cover all of the business and investment issues, and the pros and cons of legalization, offering in-depth analysis from a wide array of experts.”
Film crews from CNBC, Discovery Channel and National Geographic will be in attendance, and will be filming and using footage from the event in upcoming documentaries about the industry.
Dr. Melamede noted, “It is with great pleasure that I can participate in this convention. As November 2 approaches, this national exposure will help the greater cause of legalization of medical marijuana and the ending of decades of ignorance and unwarranted fear as the value of medical marijuana is rediscovered and supported by thousands of peer reviewed scientific articles and the personal experience of hundreds of thousands of medical marijuana users”.
CNBC anchor Trish Regan has been added to the agenda as the moderator for the panel discussion titled “Entrepreneurial Vision: The Business of Marijuana”. Richard Cowan, Cannabis Science CFO, will be one of the panelists.
Richard Cowan, Cannabis Science CFO, commented “This conference is an excellent opportunity to introduce Cannabis Science to the New York financial community.”
Ms. Regan is the host of the CNBC documentary “Marijuana Inc.” and the upcoming sequel. CNBC will be covering the event as part of the documentary.
Other speakers include:
- Stephen D’Angelo, Executive Director, Harborside Health Center
- Lester Grinspoon, MD, Associate Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
- Trish Regan, CNBC Anchor, Host of “Marijuana Inc.”
- Andrea Barthwell, Former Deputy Director for Demand Reduction, Executive Office of The President
- Jill Lamoureux, Boulder County Caregivers & CDS Management Services
- Joel W. Hay, PhD, Professor of Pharmaceutical Economics & Policy, University of Southern California
- Senator Joshua Miller (D), Rhode Island State Senate
- Jeffrey A. Miron, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of Economics, Harvard University
- David E. Smith MD. Founder, Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic
About Cannabis Science, Inc.
Cannabis Science, Inc. is at the forefront of pharmaceutical grade medical marijuana research and development. The Company works with world authorities on phytocannabinoid science targeting critical illnesses, and adheres to scientific methodologies to develop, produce and commercialize phytocannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products. In sum, we are dedicated to the creation of cannabis-based medicines, both with and without psychoactive properties, to treat disease and the symptoms of disease, as well as for general health maintenance.
source (press release) : https://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2010/10/21/cnbc-discovery-channel-and-national-geographic-to-cover-dr-robert-melamede-and-richard-cowan-of-cannabis-science-whom-are-speaking-at-the-marijuana-conference-in-new-york-city-on-oct-25-2/