A Thanksgiving Miracle, Marijuana Infused Turkey
For Adults in Legal States 21 and over.
Produced, Directed, and Edited from our friends at Cut.com
Cannabutter extraction technique
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
½ cup water (add more water at any time if needed)
¼ oz ground weed
1. Add ½ cup of water and 2 sticks (½ lb) of butter in a saucepan and bring to a simmer on low to medium heat. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching. As butter begins to melt, add in ground weed.
2. Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture never comes to a full boil.
3. Pour the hot mixture into a glass container, using a cheesecloth to strain out all ground weed from the butter mixture. Squeeze or press the plant material to get as much liquid out of the weed as possible. 4. Discard leftover weed.
5. Cover and refrigerate remaining liquid overnight or until the butter is fully hardened. Once hardened, the butter will separate from the water, allowing you to lift the cannabutter out of the container.
6. Discard remaining water after removing the hardened cannabutter.
12 lb turkey
½ cup cannabutter for turkey rub
Salt and pepper
1/4 oz. weed
3 tablespoons cannabutter
⅔ cup chicken stock
⅓ cup maple syrup
3 Tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, diced
Salt and pepper
1. Combine marinade ingredients and heat in a saucepan on low for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and let it cool.
2. Rub the turkey with cannabutter, salt, and pepper.
3. Inject the marinade throughout the turkey in equal amounts.
4. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
5. Pour two cups of broth or water into the roasting pan, place the turkey in the oven and turn down the heat to 350°F.
6. The rule of thumb for cooking a turkey is 13 minutes per pound. Our 12 lb turkey took about 3 hours to cook. It’s done when the temperature measures 180°F in the thigh and 165°F in the breast.
7. Every 45 minutes, remove the turkey from the oven and baste with the rest of the marinade.
8. Rest the turkey for 15 minutes before carving.
Thanks to our friends at the Green Door Seattle! https://thegreendoorseattle.com